Each season the Iowa State women's basketball team plays in a Thanksgiving tournament. Matt and I have made it a tradition of traveling to see the team play. This year - LAS VEGAS!!!!
The team is playing a tournament at the South Point Casino, about 7 miles south of the strip. We arrived yesterday afternoon and it's been pretty busy. After getting settled into our room, it was time for Thanksgiving Dinner at the hotel buffet - so good. Then we headed down to the Strip with a friend of ours to see how things have changed since 2004, the last time we were in town. Wow!
Today I'm getting a professional shave (pics to come) and a quick trip to see Hoover Dam. The team plays tonight and tomorrow night. Then Sunday, sigh, back to Ames. The added bonus, I've won at Craps and Blackjack!EVERYTHING'S COMING UP MILHOUSE!!!!
I thought the tune said "everything's coming up roses?" I can still hear ethel merman belt it out...
ReplyDeleteI have never been to vegas.
It's a "Simpsons" reference. :-)
DeleteAwesome! Never been to Vegas, guess I ought to go at least once before I die!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great time. Hope Iowa won!
Peace <3
Jay
Having a great time! We head back home tomorrow. And just a point.... it's Iowa State, not Iowa ;-) We're not fans of the Squawkeyes. LOL
DeleteHoover dam is freakin' cool. I do hope to get a tour of the turbine room sometime.
ReplyDeleteIt was pretty freakin awesome. The dam is HUGE and the turbine room was very impressive. The new bridge that has opened is pretty spectacular as well, but I wouldn't walk across it due to my fear of heights.
Delete