HAPPY THANKSGIVING

1. Do you travel or stay local? Family or Friends? Host or Guest?
Matt and I have a tradition of traveling with the Iowa State women's basketball team over the Thanksgiving Break. Over the years we've been to Nashville, Chicago, Reno, and Honolulu! We took a whole week for the Hawaii trip and I honestly didn't want to come home.
The only time we don't travel to see the girls play is when they are in a tournament in the Caribbean (Bahamas, Virgin Islands). It's a lot of money to make the trip and there isn't a lot to do other than sit on the beach.
We will be doing it again this year. Where are we going? You'll have to wait to find out. :-)

2. Parade: Love it? Leave it? Never let it go?
Leave it. My Mom LOVES watching the parade every year, but for me, I'd rather be doing anything else. To me it's cheesy and WAY overproduced. Plus the commentators make me feel the need to have an insulin shot from all the faux sweetness.
3. Favorite Food?
Hands down - Dressing. I love the stuff. I can eat an entire pan of it by myself if given the opportunity. Matt makes an amazing dressing using cranberries. OMG it's insanely good!

4. Favorite holiday movie or do you watch football?
Football. How can you not love a day full of great food and beefy guys in tight uniforms. But usually since we are traveling we find something to do in the city we are in.
5. If you do holiday decorations, for which holiday and when?
Since we are usually on the road for Thanksgiving, we host Christmas at our house for the family. We try to get the Christmas tree and other decorations up as soon as we can after Thanksgiving. Matt does the tree as he is very particular about how it should be done. That's fine by me. :-)
6. Black Friday. Thoughts? Feelings? Soapbox?
I've never gone out on the morning of Black Friday. Haven't ever felt the need to do so. If we are in town, Matt and I will venture out that afternoon to see what's on sale, etc. Mostly it's to just get out of the house for a little while.
I'm really torn on the Thanksgiving Day shopping that's now occurring. If stores want to be open, that's their choice, but I would hope that they give their employees the option of working or not. When I worked retail, I relished that one day off before all hell broke loose for the Christmas shopping season. Plus if you work on Thanksgiving, you better be paid double time for it.
When Matt and I are on the road, we always make sure to personally thank, and tip if possible, everyone who is working on Thanksgiving. We want to let them know they are appreciated for working that day.
Bonus
People traditionally give thanks on Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for?
I'm very thankful for my husband Matt. He has been the rock that I have leaned on for close to two decades. I am grateful every day for him.
I'm also thankful for the support network (blogging, Facebook, etc) that I've found for my weight loss journey. It's nice to know that I'm not alone in this and that there are others out there who share my plight and can prop me up when needed. :-)
ok, neat; now I need to mosey over to the jeep's blog...
ReplyDeleteHow about posting that stuffing recipe?
ReplyDelete