Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sunday Selfie - Christmas Break Edition



Yesterday it was a beautiful 50 degree day here in central Iowa. Today, not so much.

I'm on the middle Sunday of my two-week Christmas/Winter Break. This is the first time in a long time that I'm really enjoying my break. In the past either my mom or dad has stayed with us, and we'll, it can be a bit stressful. 

But this year with my mom living in Ames now, I get to see her and spend time with her, but now she has her life and I can spend time doing things that I want/need to do during the break. Don't misunderstand me, I love spending time with my mom, but it's nice not having her around ALL the time. :-)

I've been making it a priority to get to the gym as much as I can during the break, which is where I took today's selfie. I've realized that going to the gym first thing in the morning helps to center my day. I can think about what I need to do and mentally start to prioritize. In addition, well, let's be honest, there are some hotties at the gym and I do loves me some eye candy.

I did treat myself to a Christmas present - Jaybird bluetooth earbuds. I love listening to music during my workouts (as evidenced by my always entertaining lip-syncing), but the cord of my earbuds was a pain. I noticed one of my gym crushes, Lance, wearing a pair of wireless earbuds and I knew I had to have a pair. Problem is, they ain't cheap. Christmas money allowed me to invest in a pair - and I LOVE 'EM! Great sound and freedom of movement!

Presently I've been using the elliptical machine, but I may start incorporating more free weight work into my morning workout. It's just a matter of timing everything out so that I can get ready for school. It sucks that I have to be in the building by 7:45 (I usually get there by 7:30). I'd love to have more time to spend at the gym.

This weekend I've been getting caught up on school work that I've been putting off and also catching some ISU women's basketball.  This weekend the team is hosting their annual tournament. We beat Holy Cross yesterday and play William & Mary today. Sure, the games won't help our RPI, but they do help shake off the rust from the 16-day break. 

I'm still working on my SMART goals for 2014. I hope to have them posted later in the week. 

Cheers!
Robert

4 comments:

  1. You better lose to W&M! HAHAHAHA
    I WILL go to the gym in the morning.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We beat W&M 85-65, and it wasn't even that close. :-)

      And I know you WILL go to the gym in the morning. I believe in you. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a good Christmas... but, but... where's the BEARD??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, shaved off the goatee over the summer. :-) I have the occasional scruff over the weekends.

    ReplyDelete