Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21st Picture of the Day

"Close"


I chose this photo to represent the word "close", as in "I am so close to being finished with grading papers."

It was a long day at school. I've been grouchy and out of sorts. Towards the end of the day I texted Matt and told him that I was going to go to Cafe Diem after my Stats class to grade and just be by myself for a bit.

I've been sitting here for the better part of 3 hours and I do feel better. When I snapped the photo I was a couple of papers from being finished and now those are done and recorded. My students are now in that part of the year where they are assuming that since was are 6 weeks from the end that they don't have to turn stuff in.

They are discovering that they are sorely mistaken. I'm holding their feet to the fire and making life most uncomfortable for them until they get caught up.  

No excuses.  No letting up.

It's about time for me to head home, iron a shirt for tomorrow and then maybe head to be a little early. 

This funk I'm in has to end sometime, right?

Love you awesome nerds.
Robert

1 comment: