One story that I have been following that of AreYouSurprised, a gay airman who is stationed in Europe. His youtube videos have been incredibly insightful and heartfelt. Today he finally was able to show his face and came out to his father. I could not be prouder that gay and lesbian servicemembers are able to just be themselves serve their country openly.
The thoughts and observations of a 42 year-old who doesn't really feel that old. If you like what you read, I'd be honored if you added me to your blog roll. :-)
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Matter
So today the U.S. Military Policy of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" officially came to an end. It's amazing to me to see stories of servicemen who are finally able to openly express who they are without fear of reprisal.
One story that I have been following that of AreYouSurprised, a gay airman who is stationed in Europe. His youtube videos have been incredibly insightful and heartfelt. Today he finally was able to show his face and came out to his father. I could not be prouder that gay and lesbian servicemembers are able to just be themselves serve their country openly.
One story that I have been following that of AreYouSurprised, a gay airman who is stationed in Europe. His youtube videos have been incredibly insightful and heartfelt. Today he finally was able to show his face and came out to his father. I could not be prouder that gay and lesbian servicemembers are able to just be themselves serve their country openly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment