Throughout the day I just kept feeling like I was sinking further under the water. The kids weren't as focused as I would have liked, I'm feeling pressure from the special needs department to move away from what is working in my class. By the end of the actual school day I was just exhausted and I still had my after-school club to supervise until 5. Fortunately the club went well and for the most part the kids were engaged.
I didn't get home until around 6 and all I wanted to do was crawl under a blanket and watch Bravo. But I did something that I am really proud of myself for - I went running. I promised myself of Sunday that I was going to run on Tuesday and while it took EVERYTHING I had to throw on my running clothes.
The run helped me to clear my head and perk up my energy. I ran further (took the same route as on Sunday) than I did on day 1, which made me feel really good. I am planning on running on Thursday to complete week 1 of the Couch to 5 K program. This isn't about anyone else now, it's simply about and FOR me.
No comments:
Post a Comment