Well it has been quite a while since my last post. Thought it might be a good time to get back into the game and begin blogging again.
My big news has been --- I got a job. :-) The day after the school year ended at my old school, I interviewed for a math position at a much larger school much closer to home. By the end of the day, I had the job. That's practically unheard of in the education field. Usually the principal needs to contact references, along with some hemming and hawing. But evidently I was the perfect candidate for the job and I accepted immediately. The new position amounts to nearly a 50% increase in pay, not to mention the money that I will save in gas from just not having to commute 35 miles each way to my old school.
The first few weeks of the new job have been great. I've really enjoyed my new students and the faculty and staff have been incredibly friendly and helpful. I miss the family that I had at my old school, but this is an opportunity I wouldn't have even applied for had I not been laid off, so I guess the old axiom is really true - every dark cloud does have a silver lining.
I need to go over my 40 for 40 goals and see just where I am on those. I know that I've done a few of them, but not nearly as many as I would have liked.
More blogging tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment