Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fall Has Arrived!


Well, okay, maybe not arrived, but certainly given notice that it is coming.  Last night a front moved through, bringing a lot of much needed rain, and brought the temperatures DOWN!  It was so nice to be able to leave the windows open last night and letting the cool (if not chilly) breeze blow through the house.

Fall is my favorite season.  Don't get me wrong, I like summer.  Heck, I get three months off during the summer, so there's a lot to like about it but, it's HOT!  There's the heat, the humidity, the sweating, the stickiness, etc.  Again, don't get me wrong, I do love watching guys run by the house, shirtless, and glistening with sweat, but it's still summer.

Fall arrives and it's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder.  The air is lighter, cooler and crisper.  You can keep the windows open at night and enjoy the breeze.  The leaves on the trees change into the most beautiful colors.  School is starting back up again and it's nice to be back on a regular schedule each day.  The fall also reminds me of those things that I remember from growing up: high school & college football, the Pensacola Interstate Fair, and St. Anne's Roundup.  I feel like fall is the time of year that I breathe easiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment