Monday, September 16, 2013

Rainy Days and Mondays.....



Yeah, I'm having a day.  Not good, not bad, just a day. And I hate it when I have those.  I felt it building all day and the funk just kept getting deeper and deeper.  The funny thing is that nothing "bad" has happened.  I just get in these moods and like a quicksand pit, I feel like I just can't get out.

I had a workout with my trainer after school and while he was telling me that I really kicked butt, I felt like I was just mailing it in.  I know it's a deep funk when even exercise won't pull me out of it. Usually the "endolphins" kick in and at least make me feel better.

My "Mood Elevator"
I've been at Starbucks for the past 2 hours just working on grading papers and taking a little me time.  I get in these moods from time to time and I'm grateful that Matt understands.  He just lets me do what I need to do without trying to "cheer" me up.  I just need my space and eventually I pull out of it. Of course while I'm in the "pit of nothingness", it doesn't feel like I'm going to get out. sigh.

Maybe I just need a good night's sleep. It's been a while since I've really had a good deep sleep.  This is one of those times where if I was a religious person, I would trust in something bigger.  But, I'm not, so I just have to know that this will pass. And if it doesn't, then it's off to the doctor for drugs.  :-]




4 comments:

  1. Oh man, can I identify with this! I catch myself slipping, and try to hang on, but eventually let go and hit the muddy bottom. Then I can recover like you do. I need to get back to the gym. Some endorphins would be nice right about now. I think you saw how I got caught up on sleep last week! Wonder if I can pull off another "sick day" this Friday, too?!

    This too, shall pass. Take it day by day. Take joy in the kids at school. (I hope you can do that with yours, some teachers I know simply can't and after 55 minutes in a classroom with, I know why!) Take joy in Matt knowing how to best let you recuperate, there's a lot of love in just standing aside sometimes. (Oh, and you're paying that trainer to tell you that you kicked butt. Mine did it, too, incessantly, even when I was doing almost nothing! It still sounded good to my ears.)

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a better day today. Thank you for your words. It just bugged me that I was having one of these days so early on in the school year. Probably going to make it an early night again tonight.

      Delete
  2. when I need a little lift, I take 1 welbutrin (as prescribed by my doctor). it does the job.

    as we age, our hormones change; and yes, men DO go thru a kind of menopause. it's normal. lucky for you that you have matt. smooches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying desperately to not go down the pharmacy route, but there's a history of depression in my family, so it's something that I'm very conscious of. Thanks for the thoughts. :-)

      Delete