I'm sick of the heat. It's just been brutal and I'm just tired of it. When it gets uber-hot, I get cranky - which probably explains why I was voted "Most Likely To Be A Crotchity Old Man at 25" in high school. LOL Okay, maybe I wasn't elected that, but the heat was hell in Florida and that was a big reason why I moved north.So it was again in the upper 90s today, and while my school building is air conditioned and I keep my room WAY cold, I can still feel the heat in my room (the walls get warm!) and my body just KNOWS that it's icky outside. Add to that I was late getting to school which already put me in a mood. So let's just say I wasn't in the best place all day.
Fortunately I didn't let it get to me with the kids. I put on my best face and made it a great day for them. But all I really wanted was just to be left alone to get stuff done - paperwork and such. Looking back on it, I feel bad because I wasn't exactly Mr. Sunshine with my co-workers and that always makes me feel like a schmuck. My intent was to go to the gym after work. I've been given some compliments at work about how I'm looking and the plan was to squeeze in a workout today since I wouldn't be able to in the next couple of days. Well as soon as I stepped out into the oppressive heat, I knew that wasn't happening. It just didn't feel right.
What did feel right was some comfort food and when it's hot, that means a Mocha Frappe from McDonalds. Is it nutritionally good for me? No. Did it make me feel better? Oh you bet. I'm thinking a nap might be in order as well.
The heat is forecast to break on Thursday - and for me, not a moment too soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment