Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Getting Back on the Horse


The early morning full moon as seen over my gym.  I took the photo this morning as I was getting in my car to head to work following my workout.

It's been six long weeks since I've done a pre-work workout. 

And boy did I feel it.

I fell off the wagon during Parent - Teacher conferences in early November. And then there was getting sick, and then Thanksgiving, and then a sinus infection, and then I just stopped running out of excuses and was just lazy.

A body at rest tends to stay at rest. Yup, proved that axiom.

Last night I got my stuff ready and set the alarm for 5:30. As much as that little devil on my shoulder tried to convince me to stay in bed, I got up and got to the gym.

I'm not gonna lie, it was rough. About 5 minutes in I wanted to quit.

But I stuck with it and got through 30 minutes on the elliptical. No hotties to look at this morning, but that's okay. My focus needed to be on me today.

And it was.

Friday morning, I'll take the next step.  One foot in front of the other.


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh to earn Yummy of the Day status.

      Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

      A boy can dream, right?

      Delete
    2. You'll always be a Yummy of the Day in my book! ;-)

      Delete
  2. YAYZ! I enjoy my 30 minutes of gym time 3x/week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, now I'm properly shamed. I will go back, too. It's been more than 6 weeks for me.
    Ugh, I dread the first week or so.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No shaming. :-) But I gotta say, it did feel good at the end. Although I'm DREADING the crowds after January 1st.

      Delete
    2. HAHAHA! No, not really shamed. Just remembering we were going to motivate each other. So maybe it's better to say "now I'm motivated again!". And yeah, the crowds will suck for about 3 weeks.
      Jay

      Delete
  4. Good for you too! Just stay at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Gotta look good in the Ren Faire outfit when the time comes. :-)

      Delete
  5. Gotta love the gym! I feel you on that one.

    ReplyDelete