It's the day after Christmas. Ahhhhh.
Yesterday Matt and I hosted our families for dinner and gift swapping. The food was sooooo good and of course there was too much of it. Matt roasted an amazing turkey along with his green bean casserole, stuffing and mashed potatoes. We also had ham, corn casserole, rolls, etc. And for dessert - pumpkin pie and cranberry upside down cake.
Carb overload.
My favorite gift was a dri-fit Minnesota Twins shirt. It looks and feels amazing. It's one of my goals to look damn good in it. :-) I also got a couple of gift cards, some cash, and a "stress" doll (love my Mom). I surprised Matt by buying us a blu-ray dvd player that will also allow us to start streaming Netflix.
After the family left, we napped for a bit before heading over to Pete's to watch the Iowa State men's basketball team play in the championship game of the Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic. ISU played Boise State and won. Both the men's and women's basketball teams are undefeated, the last school in the country to have both of our teams still unbeaten.
This morning I drug my bloated self outta bed to go workout. I have eaten way too much over the past few days. This has to stop!
I drove into the parking lot and saw no cars. Uh oh. Checking my cell phone I discovered that they gym wouldn't open until 9 am. Drat. Oh well, back to bed.
Attempt number two was much more successful. I got there at 9 and hit the elliptical. Evidently a lot of people were working out this morning. It was like silver daddy heaven. Lots of mature beef for me to drool over. The sauna was great and I left the gym feeling very energized. Each day is another step.
DirecTV came in the afternoon to upgrade our receivers and then I made the trip to Best Buy to officially cut the cord. I bought a pair of Jaybird Bluetooth Earbuds. I really needed a pair of headphones that would allow me a bit more freedom of movement. I'm charging them now and will try out different earpieces to customize the fit. I'm kinda giddy.
The big thing I did today was to register for a class at Des Moines Area Community College.
The class - statistics.
It's the one class that I failed in college. It's not something I'm proud of. I'm in the process of improving my teaching license so that I will be able to teach Algebra. I'm one class short and while it's not required, this is the ghost I need to excise. I'm excited but nervous.
Back in college, I took statistics during my freshman year - the year I'd like to forget. Now's the time to correct my mistake, do the work and pass the class.
noble goals for 2014, robert. now how about a trip to DE for bloggerfest? lots of hunky men (and me, the str8 girl).
ReplyDeleteWe'll have to see about bloggerfest. Gotta check my social calendar. :-)
DeleteOh you do need to be there!!!! With the +1! HAHAHAHAHAHA
DeletePeace <3
Jay
When is it again?
DeleteI sent the dates via email - but March 13-15, 2014...and if you can make it, feel free to fly into RIC on Wednesday (late afternoon arrival and I'll pick you up, I work 1200 feet from the end of the runways) and we'll drive up Thursday. Randy H. is going to try to come, too, so it'll be a full house! Bring the hubby, too! I'll inflate the QUEEN sized air mattress if that's OK!
DeleteSounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, too! I thoroughly enjoyed my time with family and friends over the past few days.
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel about the shirt. I have a Cornish Pirates rugby jersey that I want to fit into before I head back to OH again. So yeah, we need to motivate each other for gym time.
I resisted "selfie gifts" since I bought myself the new camera. I know about GIDDY! What's an order of magnitude above giddy? Gaga?
Ahh, stats. I think I got lucky, I passed it. Then, 15 years later, I took calculus. And Physics. Whew, what a brain strain! But I passed! You'll do well, I am sure. Those who want to pass usually do.
Peace <3
Jay
I love rugby jerseys! (and the guys who wear them aren't bad either) One of my bucket list items is to go to the College Rugby Sevens tournament.
DeleteLet's definitely figure out how to motivate one another. I'm in if you are. :-)
I am in! Daily emails? Stats? How do we do this? I need a gym buddy!
DeleteJay
Hmmmm. Let me think about it tonight (and tomorrow morning while on the elliptical ogling hot guys at the gym.
DeleteSuggestions are appreciate from the peanut gallery. :-)
It sounds like you guys had a great day! Keep up with your goals!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful holiday with family and loved ones. Good luck going back to school.
ReplyDelete