1. Has anyone been to a Renaissance Fair? After seeing my pictures and tales would you want to go now? Would you dress up?

I've never been to a Renaissance Fair. But from reading Jim's blog, I have to admit, they look interesting. I would go to one if I could go with Jim (since he's a veteran and I HATE going to new things not knowing anyone). I'd also dress up if it wasn't anything too embarrassing. :-)
2. Has anyone just quit their job without having a job already lined up? If you did, how long did it take to get another job? And how did you get money for your monthly bills & expenses?
The last job I quit was working at McDonald's while in college - long story short, it sucked. In 2011, I was laid off from my teaching job. I had no idea what I was going to do and was pretty freaked out because my husband Matt had also recently lost his job. Fortunately I was hired by my current school district the day after the school year ended. Whew!
3. What is the bravest thing you've done in your life?

For me, coming out and being honest and open about being gay is probably the bravest thing I've done. I was miserable being in the closet and it was if a great weight was lifted off of my shoulders. Sharing this with my students is always nerve wracking for me, but if I'm able to be a role model for even one student who is gay, then it's worth it.
4. Do you or would you ever work in a job where you see your coworkers naked and they see you naked?
![]() |
| Not me, but a boy can dream right? |
Well considering I teach for a living, I do not currently have employment where one would see me naked. That being said, I don't think I'd have a problem with having a job where coworkers would see me nekkid.
5. What would you consider to be your "Claim to fame"?
As I've blogged about previously, I was a contestant on "Jeopardy!". I had a very long 15 minutes of fame and loved every minute of it. But that was 7 years ago and is now just a very fond memory. Although I have to admit, it's still a blast when I tell people that I was on the show.

6. If you were forced to wear a warning label, what would it say?
This one is easy, "Warning - Can take any conversation and make it inappropriate". I can (and often do) take any conversation and make it sexual in nature. I'm incorrigible.

Great answers! I'll take you to a ten faire. I want to go to the one in Minnesota... Maybe this year I'll go.
ReplyDeleteI've heard the Minnesota Ren Faire is pretty impressive. That would be awesome if you came up for it. :-)
ReplyDeleteI like your WARNING label; I can do that too!
ReplyDeleteCool answers! Glad you joined in!
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay