KISS THE COOK!
1. How good of a cook are you?
I'm a decent cook. I try to follow the recipes as well as possible and am always my worst critic when it comes to how the meal turns out.
My mom and grandmother taught me to cook. I wish I had spent more time in the kitchen with my grandmother. Her food was amazing and there are things that she made (glazed ham, potato salad, etc) that I wish I knew how to make.
3. Who does the cooking in your home?
Matt mostly does the cooking in the house. He's a really good cook and he's a little more freewheeling than I am. He measures by feel and doesn't look at recipes. He also loves to doctor up mixes and such. No take and bake pizza would be complete without Matt adding a little garlic salt and pizza seasoning from Penzey's.
4. Do you cook more or eat out more?
We eat out WAY too often (as referenced in my Saturday post). We tend to stick to the places that we like and go for more basic food than fancy or fru-fru.
5. Are you more of a cook or dessert maker?
This is where I excel - desserts. I love making them! I'm especially good at baking cookies and cakes (not so good on the decorating). When I bake I use the best ingredients I can find (spices from Penzey's). I'm thinking about entering a few of my cookies in the Iowa State Fair, which is a pretty big deal. :-)6. What was your worst/funniest cooking moment?
I think I was about 12 and my brother and I decided to make peppermint candies. The recipe was pretty easy although I didn't think that 3 or 4 drops of peppermint extract would be enough. I added a lot and oh man those candies would have cleared the sinuses of even the most congested person. Wow. LOL
7. What's your best dish?I make a mean lasagna. Oh it is sooooo good. I also do a red rice side dish that eats as a meal. I get a lot of requests for both of those dishes during pot lucks. Oh and my chocolate crackle cookies are legendary.
Sean, if you ask nicely I'll send ya the recipes. :-)
8. Is revenge a dish best served cold?
"Revenge" is a dish best served on Sunday nights at 9. It is my favorite guilty pleasure and lord the men on that show are hot and delicious!9. Is the best way to a man's heart truly through his stomach?
A man who can cook is a sexy beast. When Matt and I first started dating, I made him dinner (lasagna, sides, black forest cheesecake). I tried to make it as romantic as possible.
BONUS
Have you made whoopee in the kitchen? Which foods have you used to spice up your love life?
Other than making out in the kitchen, I've never done the dirty. I don't recall using food to spice things up.
Cool answers! I like to cook, and tend to stick more or less to the basics, though I can bake some things (and cakes only in cast iron dutch ovens on charcoal).
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay
those chocolate crackle cookies sound yummy; please to be posting the recipe here?
ReplyDeletethe peppermint candies - some days I could use one of those! ;-)
You and Matt sound like Carlos and me.
ReplyDeleteI cook, he's the MasterBaker.
Yeah I don't MasterBake near enough. LOL
Delete