After yesterday's rough start at the gym, "they don't open until 9?", this morning went MUCH better.
I was up and awake at 5:15, and at the gym at 5:30. I felt energized, if not a bit sore from yesterday's workout, and ready to go.
I hoped on the elliptical and hit it. I wasn't able to go as far as I did yesterday, but my beefy guy was there (still no name yet, but I'm calling him Tom in my mind) and he was looking hot as always.
I'm working on creating SMART goals for the upcoming year. It's one thing to say I'm going to lose weight, it's another to actually have a focused plan of attack.
Now I'm going to get to work on school stuff that I've been putting off. Time to focus.
I'm not sure if you've done this but try it. When you have those days that you are frustrated and are tempted, especially when you've gained back a pound or not lost anything for a week and your goal seems sooooooooo far away and unreachable try looking back. Don't look forward but look back at where you were and take strength from where you are and take pride and value from that. It helps me every time I think "one piece can't hurt..." Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the advice. I think I've read it five or six times and still am finding new things in it.
DeleteI am grateful for the new friends I've found on the blogosphere. You all inspire me in amazing ways. :-)
A plan works best. Random exercise tends to not work as well, at least in my experience. Now if I could only get my ass out of bed that early and do the gym thing before work, too.
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay
I will tell you that it has not been easy to get up that early. Every fiber in my being tells me to just hit the snooze on the alarm and go back to sleep. But something inside my brain tells me to get up and move.
DeleteMy boss at my old school introduced me to SMART goals. #FitIn14
Great determination! :) I hate morning work outs. Evenings or afternoons are my best time.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the compliment. :-) I've tried afternoon workouts and I just can't get there regularly enough. Morning workouts seem to be sticking a bit better.
DeleteI'm glad you discovered my blog. I'm looking forward to reading yours. :-)