Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 22nd Photo of the Day - The Remix

Four Things


Yesterday was a bit crazy as I was going from sun-up to sun-down.  After school I went for a very needed haircut and then Matt and I met up with an old friend of mine from Florida.  My friend, John, was my boss when I worked at Musicland in Tallahassee.  We've stayed in touch over the years and now his daughter is making plans to attend Iowa State in the fall.  John and his daughter came up to look at the school and so we got to spend the evening with them.

Needless-to-say I didn't really get a chance to put words to my Photo for yesterday. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but my readers don't know that those words are! 

So here are my "Four Things" for April 22nd.

"Skunk River Cycles" - I really enjoy riding my bike and I need to do more of it. Skunk River is where I have my bike worked on and I happened to be by the store yesterday when I was going for my haircut. I also kinda dig the way a well build man looks in cycling gear. Something about a man in a cycling jersey and compression shorts.  sigh....

"The Bird" - After 19 years together, Matt and I have forgotten more "in-jokes" than most couple have altogether.  One of our "jokes" involves the book Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman.  We love the illustration of the bird with his wings on his "hips". As a Christmas present, I had that drawing framed. We have it hanging in our bedroom, so it is an image I see every day as I get up in the morning. It never fails to make me smile.

"The Clock" - Alan Parsons said it best - "Time, keeps flowing like a river.  On and on to the sea." This is a photo of the clock in our bathroom. I have a love/hate relationship with time. I treasure my free time, but I'm horrible at managing my time. I procrastinate and then when time sneaks up on me, I lament the fact that I wasn't better at planning ahead. Maybe some decade I'll figure out how to be better at being mindful of time.

"Woof" - I know I've seen other photos of this gentleman, but I couldn't tell you his name.  Help would be beneficial.  We have this photo hanging in the kitchen.  It's just simply nice to look at.  :-)










3 comments:

  1. Glad you r back blogging! I don't mean to be anonymous, I just don't have a Wordpress account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you reading! Feel free to email me at improbablemath@gmail.com

      Delete