Saturday, April 19, 2014

Captain America - The Winter Solder

Tonight I had the opportunity to see "Captain America - The Winter Solder". I'm not a comic book geek, but I do love a good superhero movie and for the last few years, Marvel has been knocking them out of the park.

From the reviews that I had read, most critics have agreed that this movie is one of, if not, the best of the movies in the "Avengers" series.



I usually hate going to see movies on opening weekend, so I waited a few weeks before making the trip the theater. My friend Pete accompanied me as he's seen the movie FOUR times. He said it was definitely that good.

The directors wanted to give the move a "Three Days of the Condor" feel and boy did they succeed. The move is a great political thriller wrapped in the guise of a comic book movie. What Marvel has done so very well with the series is that each movie can stand on its own while moving the overall plot along.

You could go into this movie not knowing anything about the previous Marvel movies and still immensely enjoy it. The acting is very good, the plot is tight and the special effects are top notch.  I HIGHLY recommend this movie.

Plus, two words ---- CHRIS EVANS!


Need I say more?!

6 comments:

  1. I think your Two Word review is more than enough to get my butt into the theater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately there wasn't much shirtless Cap action. But there were scenes of him in a tight Under Armour shirt (sigh...) and a white tank undershirt.

      Woof!

      Delete
  2. Hubby and I took Jr. to see it... so good!

    ... agreed, not enough Chris shirtless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I guess I won't wait for it to be streaming!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I have a new movie I need to see. ;)

    ReplyDelete