It all started with a little song you might have heard.... "Need You Know" by Lady Antebellum. I loved this song from the longing, first notes played on the piano. It was interesting for me to learn that this song nearly didn't make the album, yet ended up being the BIGGEST song of 2009 & 2010.
In 2011 not one, but two DBC Songs have hit it big: Adele's "Someone Like You" and The Script's "Nothing". Now for me, I prefer "Nothing" because it's a little more heartfelt. "Someone Like You" is essentially Adele hitting up a guy that... SHE KNOWS IS MARRIED for a hookup.
Adele - "Someone Like You"
The Script - "Nothing"
Like I said, I'm a sucker for a good Drunk Booty Call Song. Fortunately I've never been in the position to make one of them. Has anyone had that experience? Please feel free to share.
All really great songs. I have to say that I do like Adele's song. She really has such a classy voice.
ReplyDeleteI love her voice as well. I can listen to "Set Fire to the Rain" all day long.
ReplyDeleteI'm kinda all over the map right now in what I'm listening to..... Lady Antebellum, Adele, Chris Young just to name a few. :-)
Love Chris Young as well. Great voice and handsome man at that.
ReplyDelete