On Labor Day I went for a bike ride. I had a headache and wasn't really feeling the ride, but I felt I needed to get out and try to enjoy the weather. The photo on the left shows my ride - 9.56 miles in 54:12. It was a good ride and the exercise did help relieve my headache (somewhat).
So this afternoon I decide to go for a ride after school. I keep thinking that I should go to the gym, but the weather has actually been nice, so cycling seems more appropriate. Plus it's another opportunity to get out to the lake in hopes of seeing some hotness. Sadly, yet again, I was let down. Sigh....
I took off from the house feeling really good. I had no idea how fast I was going or what time it was, but I felt like I was flying. For the first time in a while, everything felt in place. When I got back home, I was pretty much shocked to see that I took almost a full 8 minutes off of my time. DAMN!
My goal is to keep increasing my time and then start adding a little more distance to my rides. Tomorrow is sand volleyball and then personal training on Friday, so my next ride will have to wait until Saturday. When I get down to 215 pounds, I'm going to reward myself with this little piece of cycling gear ----------->>>>>>>
I bought it last year and gave it to Matt to hide from me until I reached the 215 pound mark. I really wanna wear it now and need to earn it!


Cool! And CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's great that you are working towards better fitness! I can identify with this 100%. I've been at it since Feb. 2012 and although I've only lost 40 pounds (with 100 more to go), the general increase in fitness has made me feel wonderful. Now that the worst of the heat is gone, I need to refurbish my bike and start riding again. I love bike rides, especially on trails in the parks nearby.
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay
Awesome!!! I was just telling someone at work today that I needed to start exercising regularly again. I've been feeling so tired lately.
ReplyDeleteKeep it up... you've inspired me!
We need to go on some group rides! Let's meet at Pocahontas State Park Saturday morning at 9AM! I'll show you what bike riding is all about! HAHAHAHAHAHA
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay