Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday Selfie - The Week That Was

Fresh and clean, just outta the shower.
I haven't blogged in a while and I've missed doing so. But life gets a little crazy and writing had to take a back seat for a few days. I figured it made sense to use my Selfie day to catch up on life.

The first part of last week simply sucked. I got stuck in a deep funk and I just couldn't break out of it. There wasn't a reason for it, it just simply happened. I found that even a workout with my trainer on Monday couldn't even bring me out of it. Normally a good workout does make me feel better. But nothing this time.

A Christmas Gift for me?
You get the entire barrel!
Wednesday found me in a better mood, but I was simply exhausted. We had friends come over for dinner on Wednesday night and it was all I could do to keep my eyes open. I have been using a new app called "Sleep Cycle" to monitor how I've been sleeping. It uses the motion sensors in my iphone to measure how well I sleep at night. It wakes me up in a range of time so that I'm not waking up while in a "deep sleep". That night it measured that I had a 79% sleep quality. Good, but not great.

Thursday I felt really good and had a very productive day at school. We also had our first meeting of an after-school math program that I co-sponsor. That went very well and I'm excited about the group of kids I'll be working with. From there I was supposed to go play sand volleyball, but a pretty strong storm moved in and the skies opened up - thus, volleyball was cancelled.

After the storm.
Haven't seen a rainbow in a long time.
I ended up going to Sam's Club to get new tires on the front of my car. The were, um, pretty bald. It was there that I met the nicest looking tire guy I have ever seen. Oh man was he cute and friendly to boot.  I'm gonna have to find more reasons to get my car worked on.  LOL

Friday's Dinner - the 50/50 Burger
Friday went quickly at school - I gave a quiz. After that it was dinner with the boys and then off to an engagement party for two very good friends. He asked her that night and then we all surprised her with a party back at their house. She was very surprised and the party was a blast. We stayed until about 1 am.

Moon over Ames.
Yesterday Matt and I went over to Mom's place to help her with some stuff and then back home. It was a lazy day for the most part. I really felt like the week caught up with me as all I wanted to do was sleep - and I did! Today it's off to Kohl's and then sand volleyball in the late afternoon.  This will be a short week at school as I'm taking Friday off to travel back to Montgomery, Alabama for my 20-year college reunion.  Oh that's gonna be fun. :-)





My latest crush. Sigh........


2 comments:

  1. We missed you... glad you're back! I've been in a funk the past few weeks myself. I always get this way during Back to School time. It's hard seeing my baby grow up.

    It's been rainy most of the week, but today the sun broke through. I worked in the yard this morning, which always makes me feel better.

    It sounds like you've been super busy! Don't let it be an excuse to be gone for so long. ;-)

    ReplyDelete