Thursday, October 23, 2008

13,515 days

Thirty-seven years ago in Jacksonville, Florida I made my debut into this world.  Yesterday was the celebration of that debut. 

Relatively speaking it was a quiet birthday.  My kids at school sang "Happy Birthday" to me a total of three times (yet another reason why the really need to take chorus) and I got a couple of nice cards. Then it was off to a mentor/mentee meeting (2 hours of fun).  Matt then took me to Hickory Park for dinner.  Of course I had to get dessert and of course the waiters sang to me. All to get Matt the $2.50 discount on the ice cream.  LOL

After dinner we met Pete, Peter and Kyle over at Welch Ave. Station to watch the Phillies and Rays play Game 1 of the World Series.  Pete introduced me to the wonders of the gin gimlet. The drink reminded me of a pine forest - fresh, clean and crisp.  Since it was my birthday the waitress kept bringing em.  It was nice and let's just say I slept very well last night.

It was a good day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment