Sunday, October 12, 2008

Eureka! A win for Huntingdon!




My Huntingdon Hawks pummled the Eureka Red Devils 62-0 on Saturday.  Woohoo!  Now before you go and think that HC was running up the score, Eureka couldn't stop a running faucet.  In the second half I think the Hawks threw all of two or three passes.  It was all running.  

There was a great crowd from HC.  Montgomery is 730 miles from Eureka and quite a few parents made the trek from Alabama.  I think half the student body was there as well.  In addition to the football team, the cheerleaders and marching band (yes, I said marching band) were there as well.  Huntingdon is the first Division III school in the country to have a marching band, and they are very good.  

I got to see Jane Williams, a faculty member who was at the school when I was there.  We sat together and chatted about friends and faculty from years past.  It was great catching up.  

Not to sound like a dirty, old man, but the Huntingdon football team is quite easy on the eyes.  There was no shortage of eye candy on the squad and their photos in the media guide did not do them justice.  Now that HC plays in the SLIAC (St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference), we're definitely planning on making a few more games each season.  

The only drawback to the game (other than being in B.F.Illinois), was that it wasn't typical mid-October weather.  It was in the mid 80s with little cloud cover.  Both Matt and I got fried and I didn't get to wear my brand new Huntingdon sweatshirt.  Oh well, next time.  But overall it was a great trip and a nice early birthday present from Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment