Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dragging my butt to the gym

My sinuses have been bugging me for the past couple of weeks.  I was diagnosed with a sinus infection (gee, only the 40th or so that I've had in the past 7 years) and have been taking medicine for it.  My problem is that I need to drink a ton of fluids and use Flonase (which I hate), and so the sinuses are not happy with me. 

So today I was battling a headache and I was tired.  After dropping Carrie off (we carpool), I so just wanted to head on home and lie down on the couch.  But I promised myself that I was going to go to Lied to exercise.  Even after I started on the rowing machine, I kept thinking, "I could be home right now."

But the funniest thing happened.  The deeper I got into my workout, the better I felt.  So by the end of the workout, I felt pretty darned good.  I had energy and my sinus headache was better.  And of course my favorite added benefit, the eye candy at the gym.  After getting home, I looked in the mirror and I think my face looks thinner.  I also keep reminding myself that on November 1st that I put that battery back in and step on the scale.  


No comments:

Post a Comment