Thursday, October 16, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

This has been a very long week.  I've just had so much going on with school, working out, socializing, that my body today just wanted to shut down.  I was tired and cranky with the only thing I wanted to do was go home and crawl into bed and sleep.  Of course tonight is Pubstumpers and Legends so I'll be going to that with Matt.  I'm not sure when I'll actually be able to sleep in.  Tomorrow is the first ISU women's practice and then friends are coming over for dinner.  Not to mention the plethora of things that are planned for the weekend.  Maybe I can pencil in a few hours a couple of weeks from now.

Of course one thing that comes to mind...I'm getting old.  LOL  Next week is my 37th (ugh) birthday.  I'm having a harder time with this birthday then those in the past.  This past week a date was set for my 20 year class reunion and now I'm facing my late 30s.  I'm realizing that I'm not a kid anymore, even though I still act like one.  I'm way past the halfway point to "retirement age" and that's suddenly a sobering thought.  

On the plus side, I still look a lot younger than my age.  I know people my age who look 10 years older than their actual age.  With my fitness program, hopefully I'll be able to take a few more years off my looks.  Speaking of which, I cheated.  I had resolved not to step on the scale until November 1st.  Yesterday I woke up in a funk, actually the same funk I've been in the past week.  I put the battery back in the scale hoping that seeing a lower weight would pick me up.  The readout said "223".  So while I was happy to see the lower weight, I was disappointed that I couldn't hold out until the end of the month.


10:39 pm - Another fun night at Pubstumpers.  The Max Fisher Players won...again. We had great music rounds and ended up scoring 85 points.  We won the 12-week season by a wide margin.  I think we could have skipped the final three weeks and still held on to first place. Next week begins a brand new season.

No comments:

Post a Comment