So it got me to thinking what do I need to just get out a good cry, and on Friday it hit me like a ton of bricks. I've discovered that, for me, news stories about soldiers returning from being deployed to surprise their kids, just sets me off. There was one moment where a dad showed up in the classroom of his 7 year-old son. The camera focuses on the kid and you just see the look of confusion turn to recognition. Then the kid, crying, runs to his dad and into his arms. I swear, after seeing this story, I cried for half an hour. This happened two or three years ago and I still get choked up thinking about it. Every time I see one of these 'feel good' pieces, I get emotional. Normally stories that play on the viewers emotions make me nauseous, but for me, the reunion pieces get me.
I also have to admit one other thing that causes me to tear up - "Oprah's Favorite Things". I know, it's totally over the top. But seeing people get tons of stuff that they don't need or could never even dream of affording hits me. I know it shouldn't, but if it's on and I'm watching, I have Kleenex handy.
No comments:
Post a Comment