Saturday, May 10, 2014

May 10th Photo of the Day - "In the Garden"

"In the Garden"


I really don't have a green thumb. In fact, I usually kill most plants I try to grow. 

Iowa has a love affair with tulips. In the city of Pella there is a yearly festivate called "Tulip Time". Pella is a Dutch community, thus the dedication to the tulip.

And Pella is awesome just for the bakeries - OMG, so good.

I would say that next to the Bluebonnet, the Tulip would have to be my 2nd favorite flower. The colors are just amazing and vibrant. 

Tomorrow - "Mother"


7 comments:

  1. I was looking high and low for a batch of blue bonnets for a POTD just for you, but I guess the bloom period has passed. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You mentioned bluebonnets again. I love a roadside covered with bluebonnets and Indian paintbrushes. Reminds me of happy days in my Texas childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not actually seen a field of bluebonnets in person, but I would think it would look amazing!

      Delete
  4. I like tulips, but ours never look too good.
    Speaking of Iowa things, did you ever go to the LeClaire vs. Port Byron Tug Fest where teams on either side of the Mississippi River try to pull the other team into the river? Went years ago. Absurd but entertaining! The tug itself will be Saturday, August 9. (And, no, I am not working for the Chamber of Commerce.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never even heard of the Tug Fest! It sounds like a lot of fun. We wouldn't be able to make it this year as we will be on another trip. But maybe in the future!

      Delete