Monday, May 26, 2014

May 26th Photo of the Day - Pet

"Pet"


The hubby and I don't actually have any pets, but if we did, it would be a hedgehog.

The first gift Matt ever gave me was a small hedgehog stuffed animal. I had seen one on his desk in his apartment and thought it was so cute. So he got me a matching one. 

They became our "boys" and we take them with us when we travel. It's a lot more fun getting photos of them in front of famous places than us.  

Just the looks at the top of the Sears Tower were priceless.

We don't have pets because I'm allergic to most cats and Matt isn't a fan of dogs. Hedgehogs are VERY high maintenance pets and with our traveling and work schedules, we just wouldn't be able to devote the effort an energy needed to take care of it.


Tomorrow - "Meal"

11 comments:

  1. how cute! can you post a pix of the "boys" at the sears tower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cool. I'm passing your picture on to a gay 18yo in Louisiana who was given a miniature hedgehog for his 18th birthday. Another close friend also has one. She keeps it in her spec ed classroom for the kids.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are adorable. Thanks for passing the photos along. :)

      Delete
  3. I have a miniature hedgehog somewhere in my belongings. Not sure I even remember who gave it to me ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We kinda started collecting them. I'm pretty sure we're easily over 100 of them now.

      Delete
  4. I am crackers for hedge pigs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I've never heard of them referred to as that.

      Delete
  5. I almost bought one as a pet years ago! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could just see Jimminy with a hedgehog on his shoulder (wearing an eye patch no doubt....lol).

      Delete
  6. I notice you said hedgehogs are high maintenance. I went online and found a funny quote from someone who said they were very LOW maintenance -- and then went on to describe a bazillion things you have to do in order to keep one happy and healthy. Sheldon would wonder, "Sarcasm?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or as Harry (in When Harry Met Sally) would say, "they're high maintenance who think they're low maintenance". LOL

      If I remember correctly, there are about 50 thing you have to remember to do for them. VERY high maintenance.

      Delete