Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May 14th Photo of the Day - "Lines"

"Lines"


After work I got out and mowed front yard. I'll do the back yard on Saturday, but the front REALLY needed it. When I finished, the lines from the mower look really good. 

I actually find that mowing the yard helps to relax me. There's something very satisfying about getting the lawn looking nice, plus it allows my mind to rest after a busy day at school.

After finishing the lawn, I bust out my bike, dusted it off and filled the tires. I did a quick ride around the neighborhood just to see how it felt.

It felt good.

I plan on getting out and doing much more biking this year. I've got a friend who does RAGBRAI (the Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa) and it's something I've always wanted to do. 

I'd love to go on it next year. 


Tomorrow - "From Where I Walk"



10 comments:

  1. I love doing yard work... it's so therapeutic. There's nothing better than standing back and admiring your work after mowing the lawn. It's so lush and green already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had so much rain that the grass has just taken off! But I'll take it. During the drought, I mowed the lawn maybe two or three times during the summer.

      Delete
  2. Both of you clowns ;-) are more than welcome to come mow my damn yard! I hate it! I am soaking wet through my jeans within 10 minutes of starting, and can't see within 15 thanks to the sweat dripping in my eyes and coating the safety glasses. By the time I am finished, I am covered with grass clipping, and sloshing from the water in my shoes. Ugh ugh ugh UGH!!!

    And Robert, you do such a good job, I'll bet you could make my dirt and weeds look GOOD!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hubby sprays for the weeds, so I don't have to worry about those. LOL And yeah, I enjoy working up a good sweat mowing the lawn. It makes me feel all manly!

      Delete
  3. spouse relaxes on his lil john deere tractor too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a push mower. The yard's not quite big enough to require a riding mower.

      Delete
  4. When I was living at the house I remember during the Spring having to mow the grass 2 times a week and hated it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but I'll be you looked pretty damned hot out there getting all sweaty. ;-)

      Delete
  5. When I was growing up, we had about two acres of yard -- of which, maybe a quarter of an acre was good-grass-lawn. But it all had to be mowed. And it took forever, even on the riding mower because there were a zillion trees to mow around and then go back and manually trim the grass close to the trunk.
    Most kids would probably have loved riding a mower around for a couple of hours, but I was and always will be a whiner. When life gives me lemons, I squirt the juice in my eyes ...
    I am enjoying the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a kid in Florida we had a similar yard. I always hated mowing down there because the soil is mostly sand and the grass just sucked. There really wasn't any "good" grass.

      Our lawn now is a nice Kentucky Bluegrass that is well kept. Ahhhhhh.

      And when life gives me lemons, I make lemon bars, or a Lemon Drop Martini!

      Delete