Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May 28th Photo of the Day - Unique

Unique

"The Juicy Lucy"
Minneapolis is home to my favorite burger - The Juicy Lucy.

What a makes a Lucy unique is that the cheese is in the middle of the burger.  Usually American cheese is cut up, placed between two 1/4 hamburger patties.  The two patties are "crimped" together, sealing the cheese inside.  As the burger cooks, the cheese melts, creating a core of ooey, gooey deliciousness.

Two establishments claim to be the originator of the Lucy - Matt's Bar and the 5-8 Club. There's no in-between, in the Cities, you have to pledge allegiance to one or the other.

I'm a 5-8er. 

Over the past couple of years I've noticed various tv chefs showing how to create their own versions of the Lucy. Like it's some brand new creation.

Please.

The Lucy is a Minneapolis tradition and there's nowhere else I would get one.  


Tomorrow - "Negative Space"



6 comments:

  1. Looks yummy!!! WOOHOO!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judging from the pic, I think it's safe to say... "I LOVE LUCY!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gooey deliciousness, but ... do they have a Turkey Burger Juicy Lucy?

    ReplyDelete