Sunday, May 11, 2014

May 11th - Photo of the Day - "Mother"

"Mother"


Happy Mother's Day

It was so nice to be able to say those words to my Mom in person this year.  I haven't spent an actual Mother's Day with her in I-Don't-Know-How-Many years. With her now living in Iowa, I was able to take her out and show her a great day.

I started off by bringing her a bouquet of flowers and the above card. I honestly think she would have been happy just with that, but I had more planned.

Next it was off to brunch at Jethro's BBQ in Ankeny. OMG - SOOOO GOOOD! They do a great Sunday breakfast and it did not disappoint. Plus for me there were a lot of hot DILFs taking their families to lunch. Yay me.

We then headed down to Des Moines to do a little shopping. I took her to all her favorite stores and let her have fun.

At the mall, I was able to snap a Sneaky Pix of this drink of water. It looks like he's "made me", but I was holding the phone against my ear and wasn't looking at him.  No way he could have known.

Or did he?  ;-)

Mom had a great afternoon and I was so glad to be able to spend it with her. I'm really glad to have her here in Iowa. 

Tomorrow - "Ready"



10 comments:

  1. Very cool, Robert! I'm glad you and her had such a fine day. Moms deserve it!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying your daily entries and 'themes'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The themes do make it easier for me to come up with photos. I'm definitely the type of person that needs direction.

      Delete
  3. AWWW... you're such a sweet son.

    Maybe he was checking YOU out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a walking wet dream. Wish I had a shirtless pic to submit for Yummy of the Day!

      Delete
  4. Oh he was clearly checking you out. You can see in his eyes he was praying you'd put that damn phone down and look his way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously would have followed him into the bookstore bathroom if he wanted me to. LOL

      Delete
  5. I agree, he was checking you out. Or, at the very least, pleased!
    I envy you being able to spend time with your mother. Mine is a 16-hour drive away. I speak to her on the phone every day, something I started doing during the last couple of years of my father's life, just to check in.

    My brother, the Great NonCommunicator, once asked me what we talked about every day.

    "You," I told him.

    A lie, but it shook him up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really tried to make up as much time with my Mom as I can. She really means a lot to me and I want to make sure she's happy in Iowa.

      And OMG, the guy was just delicious. He walked by and..... butterflies. LOL

      Delete