Yesterday we had two conflicting weddings to attend - one in Ames, one in Italy.I kept telling That WomanTM that we simply could not make the trip to whatever Renaissance castle the wedding was going to take place.
"Kim's gonna miss you. Khloe loves the way you make her laugh..."
"And the other one will miss you as well."
But I told That WomanTM, "you know Kanye hates how I steal the spotlight from him. Plus, I still think Kim has a thing for me."
Special thanks to Bob Slatten at I Should Be Laughing for providing the inspiration for this vignette.
We did attend the wedding of our friends Kelsey and Josh. Now it was us and about 400 other guests, hence why we referred to it as the "Royal Wedding."
And I'm a little hung-over this morning.
The ceremony was beautiful, simple, and most importantly, fairly short.
Plus there weren't any screaming kids (Halleloo!).
After a quick drink, a Long Beach Iced Tea (so deadly), we headed off to the reception.
Now I have to say, having an open bar for the cocktail hour, however expensive for the couple, was very appreciated.
The reception itself was pretty standard - heartfelt speeches, decent buffet food, along with the requisite bad DJ/Emcee (seriously, this guy was bad), bad dancing, and even more alcohol.
On the tables were anniversary cards that we were encouraged to sign with messages for the happy couple. My message for the 10th anniversary card - "Wow! Ten years?! I only had you guys making it 5! I lost $10 in the pool."
They know my sense of humor.
They also had a photo booth for guests to have group photos taken. Matt and I had the requisite photo set taken.
There were a lot of hot guys at the reception, unfortunately, none of them were on Scruff. Although we did get a few longer than average glances from some guys. lol Wishful thinking on my part.
Love you Awesome Nerds!
Robert
nurse that hangover.
ReplyDeleteThat Woman™ ruins everything!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the shout-out and you weren't missed at the ceremony.I was kicked out for taking pictures with a shoe phone!
But I had drinks with Rob Kardashian--who also didn't attend .... drama!!!!