Friday, May 16, 2014

May 16th Photo of the Day - "Create"

"Create"


I have this cup sitting on my desk at school. 

I'm not an artistic person, I was not blessed with the gift of drawing, painting or other creative pursuits.

But I was able to make this.

There was a do-it-yourself pottery place here in Ames and a few years back I "created" this. I used a template to trace the Iowa State logo and then painted over it. 

I gotta admit, it's one of the best things I've ever created. 

I don't drink coffee, so I have it on my desk as a pencil/pen holder. 


Tomorrow - "Bag"

10 comments:

  1. Look at you... such a cute mug. For some reason I have that pottery scene from Ghost in my head. :-b

    I thought I was the only one who doesn't drink coffee... never developed a taste for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah "Ghost" - finally making pottery sex look cool. :)

      I like iced coffee and coffee ice cream, but absolutely hate actually drinking coffee. But for some reason I love the smell.

      Yeah, I'm just weird. LOL

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. I just fear the day when one of my students knocks it over and breaks it. Sigh. LOL

      Delete
  3. That's pretty neat! I, too, suffer from "can't create" when it comes to material things like that. I think it's wonderful!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the few things that I've actually created that I'm proud of. :)

      Delete
  4. It looks good to me. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You have a great weekend as well.

      Delete