Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 21st Photo of the Day - "Card"

"Card"


"Card" is a very broad term.  So many different ways to interpret it.

Taking a page from Jim, I dug out a set of Baseball Tarot cards that we have on the shelf.  I've never really used them, but just bought them for the fun of it.

I asked the question - "Why am I struggling to stay motivated in my weight loss plan?"

After a thorough shuffling, I picked one - "Eight of Bases" - Eye on the Ball. I would have cracked up if it had been the Ace of Bases.  lol

"The quintessential baseball advice: Keep your Eye on the Ball. This is the central wisdom revisited in every offensive and defensive play. Eye on the Ball represents the necessity of dedicated apprenticehip. The development of self-discipline is the key to eventual mastery."

The Signal: Your single-minded attention is required by the task at hand. Get back to basics. Recall the fundamentals and uphold them through your deeds. Dedicate yourself to your craft. Learn to enjoy the satisfaction of slow-and-steady improvement. You must maintain your focus over the long haul.

I was really surprised at how accurate the card is.  Honestly, I lose focus pretty easily and to reach my goal I need to buckle down and FOCUS!  

Eyes on the prize!  Eye on the Ball!


Tomorrow - "Free"

3 comments:

  1. Pretty cool! I would never have guessed that Baseball Tarot cards existed!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! Learn something every day.

    ReplyDelete