Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 31st Photo of the Day - Sunset

"Sunset"


It's the end of the month.

My photo is of a Hawaiian sunset.  

Hawaii is one of my favorite places in the world and I want to go back there badly.

Sunsets to me signify closure. Not only am I closing out the May Pic-A-Day challenge, but I'm also finishing up the school year. 

Yesterday I finished up my grades and posted them. We have three school days left and then it's on to Summer Break.

My June is pretty booked already.

The first week of June will be finishing up the school year - 3 days of school and then 2 days of professional development.  The following week we are having work done on the house, new siding. The third week of June finds me taking a group of students to Washington D.C. on a four-day tour. 

When I return from Washington, I have a one-day turnaround and then it's off to Minneapolis for a week. I was selected to take part in a week-long professional development program in the Cities. the district is paying for the whole thing, so no worries there. 

Then, it's the end of June. 

But for now, that's in the future.  Today, I'm relaxing.

I think I'll go take a nap. 

Love you awesome nerds!
Robert


14 comments:

  1. Must be nice to be a teacher and have the entire summer off... not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first started teaching, I said the three best things about teaching were June, July and August. As my career has progressed, I realized that I truly needed the summer break for my brain and body to recover. Right now I'm mentally and physically exhausted. By August I'll be ready to hit the ground running.

      Delete
  2. My favorite vacation destination is anywhere tropical. I've yet to visit Hawaii. Hubby and I would love to celebrate our 25th anniversary there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hawaii is magical. We were there in 2008 for a week and I did not wanna come home.

      How long til the 25th?

      Delete
  3. Wow! That's a jam packed June! What I'll be up to won't fit in a blogpost without Google getting "disk full" messages! But it's all work and NO play.

    Can't wait to get daily updates during the Washington trip. Maybe I'll drive up and stalk y'all! HAHAHAHA

    Peace 3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The DC trip is always fun. This will be the 5th trip that I've taken with students and I've had a blast each and every time. My goal is for this to become a yearly trip for our middle school.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I think my body is catching up on a month-long lack of sleep. I took a nice two-hour long nap on the couch. It felt wonderful. :)

      Delete
    2. One of my favorite things is to get up, have a leisurely breakfast -- a real breakfast -- read a bit and go back to bed for a morning nap! It feels totally decadent.

      Delete
  5. Hi Robert, Randy in NEB here, I was wondering how's first week in July looking, as far as schedule? I have that whole week off (June30 - July6), would like to know if you'd care if I came out and visit for an afternoon? I'm about 4 hours west of you on Hwy 30. Don't get me started talking about Hawai'i! I lived there for 3 years in the early 80s. I went to the beach about every weekend and got to see a lot of things most tourist don't normally get to explore. I only been to 3 of the 7 islands, still lots to see really can't do it in a few short weeks. Finally got around to a post on my blog after 3 weeks, so I'm still here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Schools out and I am just getting off my Caribbean cruise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted to go on a cruise for years.

      Someday..... Someday.

      Hope you had a great time!

      Delete
  7. when in doubt, get horizontal.

    ReplyDelete