"I Spy"
I Spy my Summer Reading List!
I went a little crazy on Amazon a few weeks ago and got books that I've been wanting
Everyone Wants To Be Me or Do Me - Tom & Lorenzo's Fabulous and Opinionated Guide to Celebrity Life and Style by Tom Fitzgerald & Lorenzo Marquez. I've loved their blog for years (especially the "Mad Men" recaps) and they've now put out a book about celebrity style and how be fabulous.
Veronica Mars - The Thousand Dollar Tan Line - by Rob Thomas & Jennifer Graham. I'm a huge fan of Veronica Mars, including donating to the Kickstarter campaign to finance the "Veronica Mars" movie. This is the first, of hopefully many, novel to be written using the characters from the series.
But Now I See: My Journey from Blindness to Olympic Gold - by Steven Holcomb. Holcomb is one of the top bobsled drivers in the world, including bringing home a gold medal in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Holcomb unfortunately was going blind during his rise to Olympic glory. Plus Holcomb is a bear who likes to wear a whole lotta spandex.
Struck by Genius: How a Brain Injury Made Me a Mathematical Marvel - by Jason Padgett. The story of a man who was once just an average, underachieving guy. A decade ago a mugging left him with an injury that turned him into a mathematical genius.
The Second City Guide to Improv in the Classroom - by Katherine McKnight. I had the opportunity to meet Ms. McKnight last year at a conference. I'm hoping to use some of the strategies in this book in my classroom.
Differentiation by Rick Wormeli
Summarization in Any Subject by Rick Wormeli
25 Quick Formative Assessments for a Differentiated Classroom by Judith Dodge. Our school is very involved in the differentiation movement of education. These books are chock full of ways to integrate differentiation into my classroom.
The Body You Want in the Time You Have by Myatt Murphy. I found this on the bargain table at Books-A-Million this afternoon. I've been looking for short, effective workouts that I can do in the morning. This book seems to have some great plans that I can use.
Tomorrow - "Lines"

Decent pic of the day! I have so many books in my "MUST READ" and "ALREADY OWN" stack!!! COOL!
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay
I have a couple other books that are on my list that didn't make the photo. We have waaaaaaay too many books. LOL
DeleteI didn't realize The Body You Want in the Time You Have was an exercise book ... I thought maybe it was a hookup guide!
ReplyDeleteOh don't I wish! I'd be dogearring a whole lotta pages. teehee
DeleteSomeone who still buys books! A very eclectic collection.
ReplyDeleteI still love the feel of a book in my hands. I'm just Old School that way. :)
Delete"Summer reading"! I used to make a list of such every may or june, in my youth. I miss the notion.
ReplyDelete