Saturday, May 24, 2014

May 24th Photo of the Day - Sunrise

"Sunrise"


It's a new dawn.
It's a new day.
It's a new life, for me.
And I'm feeling good. 

This was the day I was looking forward to most (and a little nervous about).

Today's theme - Sunrise.

I got up waaaaaaay early - 4:45 to get out to Ada Hayden Park.

I knew the shot I wanted and planned to give myself plenty of time to get there. 

It was a quick (if not chilly) bike ride out to the park. I took the upland trail to get to the highest point in the park. It was then I realized my mistake.

The sun was rising more to the north than I had planned. The sunrise was going to be obscured my a grove of trees.

Plan B

I rode around the lake taking photos every so often. I found the spot I wanted and just hung out. There was only one other person who I saw, another cyclist. Older, but he had great legs.

But I digress.

I took about 40 shots of the sunrise. This was my favorite.

Today is going to be an incredibly busy day. 

And this was a great way to start.


Tomorrow - "Neighbourhood"






7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I felt like I earned this one. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm impressed - up that early. Great pic. It's not often, for me, that I see the sun rise after a good night's sleep. I'm usually still up or one of the doggies decides they can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dedicated to the list. When my alarm went off, my first thought was "why am I up this early on a Saturday morning?" Once I was out on the bike everything just clicked.

      Now that's not to say I might need a nap a little later. LOL

      Delete
  3. you would NEVER catch me up that early; nice pix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's not often that I'm up this early on a Saturday morning.

      Delete
  4. Loves it! Can you frame it and send it to me... just askin' :-)

    ReplyDelete