Friday, May 30, 2014

May 30th Photo of the Day - Side View

"Side View"


I'm exhausted.

I don't know why, but I was sore and achy all day long. I spent a few hours at Cafe Diem posting my final grades.

They're done. They're posted.

Tonight, I'm relaxing with a good book and maybe get to bed a little early tonight.


Tomorrow - "Sunset"



12 comments:

  1. There you go. The hard work is finished. We had a "file restore request" for a teacher's grade file from MARCH! That's the last time she saved her grades, and then screwed them up today. ARGH!

    Enjoy your book, I'm doing exactly the same thing!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am obsessive, bordering on anal, about saving my grades. We use Infinite Campus as our online gradebook program and I save OFTEN as I put in the grades.

      Next week should hopefully be not too stressful. On Thursday and Friday we have professional development for starting our one-to-one program in the fall. Each kid gets a Chromebook. :)

      Delete
    2. Not familiar with Infinite Campus...we are retiring a 16 year old program called Mac/WinSchool in favor of Pearson's Power School to be rolled out in August. Thank goodness! No more support for a 9-year-end-of-life program!

      Who is selling/leasing you the Chromebooks? Just curious.
      Jay

      Delete
    3. I think the programs are very similar. At my old school we used JMC. I prefer Infinite Campus.

      I honestly don't know who we area getting the Chromebooks through. Our I.T. department is handling all that.

      Delete
    4. If it's Dell, they do a fairly decent job of supporting the product. Hardware/software/usage-wise. So that's a good thing. Glad they're starting the staff dev early! It's a sea change in how you do business in the classroom, but can be enormously rewarding!
      Jay

      Delete
    5. Oh, and I ask mostly because as you know, I AM the IT department!
      HAHAHAHAHA
      Jay

      Delete
    6. I'm pretty excited about the one-to-one. We just adopted a new math curriculum that has a good online component.

      I'll see if I can find out where we're getting them from. Our IT department actually does most of the repairs in house!

      Delete
    7. Oddly enough, math is one of the few curriculum areas where real gains can be seen with using technology.

      I'll bet your IT dept. won't be doing these repairs in-house. Labs and teacher computers are one thing. Thousands of student computers are something else entirely. We figured it out early on...include repair in the RFP and bids and quotes. MUCH easier, and cheaper. I do have to wonder if using $200 Chromebooks changes that model much over Dell Latitude laptops. Could be they will consider them throw-away and just hand the kid a new one.
      Jay

      Delete
    8. You make some great points. I'll have to ask our IT director about it and get back to you. We teachers will all be getting MacBook Airs over the summer. But we won't have Microsoft Office on them. Grrrrrrrrrr.

      We're trying to go completely Google doc. The staff isn't crazy about the idea.

      Delete
    9. MacBook Airs are nice machines. My supervisor uses one exclusively. GoogleDocs is OK as long as you have solid connectivity, at school and at home. We are ditching a homemade effort we've used for years called VirtualShare in favor of GoogleDocs, so if our people, who've used technology and a one-to-one for 13 years now like it, it must be viable at least!
      Jay

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better, my friend. You have an amazing summer ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling pharmacologically better. :)

      You'll get to read all about my summer plans tomorrow!

      Delete