Saturday, May 3, 2014

May 3rd Photo of the Day - "Collection"

"Collection"


My 250th Post!

The hubby is an audiophile - he collects music.  This photo of his full-length albums (and this isn't all of them) is just a small sample of his collection. He also has a few thousand compact discs and a few hundred 45s.  He specializes in 80s pop and country, but has a little bit of everything.  

A few years back he had a show on the college radio station here in Ames - "That 80s Show".  He would often make trips to San Francisco to go shopping for material at his favorite record store - Amoeba Music.  More often than not he would have to ship the records home. 

I've finally found a good app to use to catalog all of his collection. It'll be my summer project. :-)

Tomorrow - "Us"

15 comments:

  1. my spouse has over 3000 vinyl albums, and an unknown number of 45s, cassettes, cds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a lot of records!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Thanks for visiting my blog, and for letting me discover yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been checking out your blog and loving it! The hubby and I are headed to Europe next year for our 20 year anniversary. Seeing all the photos of France are getting me excited for the trip!

      Glad you have discovered my little corner of the internet. :-)

      Delete
  4. He should just burn all that to digital format and free up some space! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt's old school. He loves the sound of the clicks and pops a vinyl album brings when it's being played. But at least I'll get it all cataloged over the summer.

      Delete
  5. WOW! That's a heck of a collection! Good for him. I agree, the old sound is great, it's part of the experience. However, a digital back up would not be a bad thing.

    NEATO! The pic and the collection!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think when we get a new computer we'll start transferring them to a digital back up. The big thing now is to get everything cataloged in case of an insurance need.

      Delete
  6. congratulations on the 250! May there be 250 more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It kinda snuck up on me. I look and suddenly I'm at the 25 mark. Looking forward to the next 250!

      Delete
  7. We gave away boxes and boxes of LPs before leaving the States. We could have sent them your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I try not to feed his habit too much.

      Delete
  8. What's the App?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MyStuff2. I'm using the Lite version to test it out, but am pretty sure I'm going to buy the Pro version to start the cataloging fun. :-)

      Delete