Thursday, May 8, 2014

May 8th Photo of the Day - "Blue"

"Blue"


All day I was trying to think of the perfect thing to photograph for today's theme - Blue.

I was hoping that we would have had a beautiful blue sky today for me to go out and take a picture out at Ada Hayden Park. Alas it's been overcast most of the day and even when the clouds have broken, the sky has been a very pale, almost muted, blue.  

Meh.

I got home late last night from trivia in Des Moines (Pete and I won), so I didn't have an opportunity to iron my electric blue shirt. The shirt looks really good on me, but instead wore my red ISU polo (which also looks good on me).  

I even considered taking a shot of me standing in my new bright blue boxer briefs.  But I'm a few years and a couple score pounds from doing that.  

As I was leaving school it hit me - the bag.

It's my workout bag.

The bag that goes with me every day to the gym.

The bag that even goes into school with me. It gets too warm in the car and my deodorant melts - Yuk.

It's been with me in the locker room as I drink in the various hot guys who workout at the gym.

Yup, this was my subject.


The past couple of months have been crazy with work, night classes and other various activities. The workouts went by the wayside. Mentally I was beating myself up over it.

Until this week.

I'm back on the horse. Every morning I'm up at 5 am to head to the gym - 4 days in a row. 

My dreamboat "Le Sigh" is still there looking just as hot as always (he was wearing the sexy black shirt this morning....ohhhhh). But there are a couple of new guys that I'm lusting over...

"James", 6'2" and built solid.  I can imagine he would give CB a "workout" worth blogging about.  Wait, I'd want him to give ME a workout worth blogging about!

Then there's also "Dan", also over 6', but probably in his early 50s.  And built.  He wears glasses and has a "businessman" quality about him.  And he makes me weak in the knees.


So yeah, even more motivation.

As much as I think about replacing the bag, I keep on using it. It's been there for me and hasn't given up on me. I'm not giving up on it.

Tomorrow - "Favourite"

5 comments:

  1. Good one! It's hard enough to find a photo each day, I can't imagine having to follow a list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding that the themes really help to focus me. I'm already thinking about what to photograph tomorrow.

      So many ideas!

      Delete
  2. Nice picture, it really is!

    I am torn. I have "the lists", but so far have managed, even with a slight cheat on when I posted about the new season of "24". Tomorrow's is silly, and I think the weekend will be about weedeaters and ... uh-oh! Where's that list?!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am intrigued by the choice of the workout bag to represent blue: is it the color or the mood that influenced you? ;-)
    Sounds like you have a great gym, however, with charming scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally the color. That's what I love about having a theme for each day's photo. A lot of the themes are broad enough to be interpreted in a number of ways! I hadn't even thought of "blue" to describe my mood. :-)

      Delete